Sunday, March 2, 2014

Club Street Social

Club Street Social's Menu

So I had a friend transiting in Singapore from Brisbane and it was my pleasure to bring him around. Since it was early in the morning and we were in Club Street, I brought him to Club Street Social, a cafe I had always wanted to try.

It's a very light and airy feeling cafe despite the dark interiors. A little mix of industrial with its polished concrete floors and chic with the mosaic floor entrance, timber furnishing and white table tops. They have outdoor seating and indoors and since we were there early, it was pretty empty, so we sat inside.

Open bar in the cafe

 The menu is really interesting. There is breakfast items, items you can pick and choose or swap, things for sharing and proper main courses and so on. They have a pretty enticing drinks menu as well. But it was way too early in the morning for us to start drinking !

I immediately knew what I wanted. I love yogurt and I love muesli. So how could I go wrong with g.reek yogurt and granola. There was once I had bircher muesli at PS Cafe and it was to die for. P had a little difficulty choosing as he was probably tired from the flight and was looking for something small. After a thorough look through the menu and also choosing not to start drinks in the morning (although we tossed through that idea a bit but settled for the fact that the combination of yogurt and alcohol in my system would probably render me sick for the rest of the day), he chose the poached prawns for sharing.

My granola, berries, greek yogurt came swiftly. It was really pretty. They layered the components and finished it with a drizzle of honey and a cute little blueberry. His dish took some time to arrive.

Granola, berries, greek yogurt
So there it was, poached prawns on toast served on  a rectangular slate. The dish was okay. The prawns were really well prepared and plump and juicy. The capsicum sauce imparted a lovely smokey roast flavour. Just the right amount too. But the crostini, I thought was too hard and difficult to eat.

Poached prawn crostini

P had the 'genius' idea that we should do prawn crostini shots since we couldn't or chose not to do actual shots. I was telling him my mouth is not big enough and ya da ya da ya da. But hey, I'm the type that can take one for the team. So I put the whole thing in my mouth and it FIT ! The whole damn thing ! Hah !

Then came the difficult and un-glamorous part of chewing it ! Oh my god, the crostini was scraping my cheeks and making my mouth dry. I had to keep biting the prawn to impart some kind of moisture into the massacre that was happening in my mouth. Finally chewed and swallowed. Soothed my aching mouth with my cool greek yogurt.

It was a wonderful place to chill and have drinks with friends or family. I have to come back to try their other items. But maybe not the crostini ;)

Breakfast cost us $25++

The Club Street Social (Singapore)
5 Gemmill Lane
Singapore 069261

http://www.clubstreetsocial.com/

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home