Sunday, December 1, 2013

Department of Caffeine (D.O.C)

D.O.C
U and R invited me for brunch one Sunday morning and they suggested Department of Caffeine. It's located at Duxton Hill which is near where they live.

It's a small cafe, possibly able to hold about 20 to 30 people.Once we walked in, the space is rather narrow and we were showed to our table after a few squeezes her and there and 'excuse mes'. The cafe has a very modern industrial design and feel to it. Big entrance door, timber and black steel interiors, polished concrete floor. Strong coffee smell. There is an open coffee station where the barista seemed to be intensely engaged in his craft. The place definitely has character.

The Coffee Station

A quick look through the menu and we decided on the following: U was having salmon quiche, R was having D.O.C Breakfast Platter and I was having Sundried Tomato and Herb Waffles. U ordered coffee and I went for the Elderflower lemonade. You see I don't drink coffee (yeap I'm one of those wierdos that never developed a liking for that bean) and U was worried about the place as it is called the 'Department of CAFFEINE'. Haha, I told her to fret not as I was confident there would be other options for me.

U got her coffee first and it was so pretty. It's such a talent to master coffee art. The leaf on her coffee was perfect.

Coffee Art

Soon after, the food arrived quickly and looked amazing. R got his first and so we told him to start as we wouldn't want the food to turn cold. He had thick toast, with roasted whole tomatoes. meat loaf and scrambled eggs. We received ours a bit later. I managed a bit of U's quiche and it was ok. The salmon taste was a bit too strong for  me and the quiche was actually an item on display. So I felt that it wasn't warm enough.

D.O.C Breakfast Board
My waffle was super light and crispy. Eggs perfectly scrambled and glistening. There was bacon on top and it came with a serving of maple syrup. Once again I love that play between sweet and salty.

Waffles with Scrambled Egg and Bacon

Department of Caffeine is a great place to chill and catch up with family or friends. I haven't had the opportunity to have dinner there. Definitely going on my list.

A messy but yummy brunch 

Department of Caffeine (D.O.C)
15 Duxton Road
Singapore 089481
T : 62233426

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home