Friday, March 1, 2013

Sweet and Salty


I remember that afternoon being scorching hot and myself wanting to find some recluse from the heat. So my colleagues and I decided to have lunch at Burger King given the enticing air conditioning and short line at the cash registers. The boys ordered their mega burgers whilst I opted for my BK A4dables meal and had an additional soft serve - I blame the weather for tricking my brain into wanting more ice cream. 

So I started my meal with dessert - honestly all meals should start like that - but that day I was just being practical to avoid a pool of ice cream if I had started with my burger first. Midway enjoying my creamy frozen delight, I realised I had hot onion rings beckoning me. I've had fries with my soft serves at MacDonalds but never with onion rings. Hmmm...

So I picked up one dunked it into the mound of glistening white and ... chomp chomp chomp. Oh my god ... YUM ! Yes folks, sweet and salty always works for me. The cold and hot was an interesting contrast too that then melded into a warm joy in my mouth. 

I know my colleagues thought I was nuts but hey give it a try first before you diss it !

Burger King (Arena Country Club)

Mon - Fri: 10:00 - 22:00
Sat - Sun: 08:00 - 22:00
BK A4dables (No upsize) - S$4.95
Vanilla Soft Serve - S$0.70
Soft serve and Onion Rings - Priceless 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home